Stook 10k – the Goldilocks of Stook races?
2019 is your one and only chance to take part in the first Stook 10km race. We think its perfectly positioned (just right) between our 5km family fun run (two soft), and the big one, the 10 mile race (too hard). If you know the route, its basically just cuts off the first smaller loop. So you start two miles (a lovely warm up!) from the base of the hill, which itself is two miles long, followed by the flying mile and the lumpy run in to the finish.
- Online entry is €25, on the day entry is €30
- The race starts at 12:15, the start point is very close to the start of the 10 mile
- You will run the hill, and therefore you will receive a Stook Cowbell
- There is chip timing with flying mile split
- 2 official waterstops, and one sponsored by John O Donnell’s Garage
- Access to tented village for refreshments after the race
Since Stook began we have received great feedback for both the organisation and the route and we hope to further build on this reputation every year.
Fantastic race, great support, savage course, perfect weather and some feed at the end. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t been.
Want to see what others have said about the Stook 10 Mile? Click here to read feedback
Post Race Refreshments
We can’t guarantee a PB but we do offer a friendly and enjoyable experience to runners of all abilities, and every participant will get to enjoy our club hospitality.
A club quality race
Gowran AC is a local athletics clubs with just under 300 members. We offer anyone who lives in Gowran or surrounding areas the opportunity to access the broad range of athletics activities in a safe and progressive environment. All funds raised from Stook go to support club development.